Monday, May 28, 2007

Off on a new adventure!

My world has been spinning like crazy lately. The last 5 months have brought radical changes to my life. My husband was retired from the Navy for medical reasons in January. He immediately got a job working for the Navy. My world began to sway...His new job is located back in Virginia. Too bad we lived in New Hampshire. OK, so we make plans to move. Due to finances and the students I teach we decide to move in stages. Dear Husband took our oldest son down to Virginia in March. He rented a nice house and began work. In April, my younger two boys joined him. I stayed to finish up the school year and rent out our house. This isn't how its supposed to work. My husband always was the one who went away and I stayed with the boys. This complete role reversal has me absolutely nuts. I always assumed that when Nick went away he was unhappy but not terribly burdened by it. I'm sure he knew that staying behind with the boys was hard. I am positive neither one of us was prepared for the reality of what the other was going through. It has been quite an eye opener. I feel so cut off and lonely. Nick and the boys are going through the motions of life. I have none of my normal routines to comfort me. Grown women are supposed to fantasize about time away from the kids and family...its supposed to be fun. Let me tell you; it sucks. I have three weeks left of this ordeal. I always look forward to summer vacation but this year is completely different. All I can say is thank god for the internet. I can video chat with the boys and download sad songs onto my ipod. I am a tad crazier than usual...and I am hoping that beginning this new adventure in blogging may keep me from falling off the edge. Welcome to my crazy journey through life.

2 comments:

Deadpoolite said...

Hey, I am supposed to be the wacky one. Ok lady you are in for some tough competition here!

Just joking!

Looking forward to read all about your journeys in upcoming blog entries.

Nice and soothing layout to your blog by the way, well done!

K.J. said...

Thanks! Can'tpromise to be less crazy though *grin*