Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy Fourth

Happy Fourth to everyone. Summer is here and the fourth has always been one of my favorite holidays. I love fireworks. So we invited people over tonight for a barbeque. Our thinking was that the town park is right by our house and we would be able to see the fireworks from our house. Great plan. Eat some food, watch the fireworks...no traffic. Sounds great right? Wrong. The fireworks were last night. Sigh. It never occured to me that they would be last night instead. Oh well. We can still eat burgers and grilled fish. I was bummed about the fireworks. We did go to the end of our driveway and watch them but they weren't overwhelming. On a scale of 1-10, these were a 5 at best. It was kind of disappointing. Hopefully between now and tonight I can get the house looking sort of OK. But I doubt it. I've been awake for 3 hours now and have accomplished nothing but lazing around. I watched the last eposiode of the Starter Wife that I bought on iTunes. I cried, of course I cried. We have established that I cry easily haven't we? Well, I cried again. I was happy for Molly, sad for Molly, happy for her friends, sad for Lou. I get way too involved in these things. Though from a critical standpoint. The Starter Wife was great TV. I thought it was well done and well acted. I'm sorry it is over. Well, enough blabbing. I better go clean the house. Happy Holiday everyone and may your fireworks be better than mine. (if you live outside the USA, make some fireworks of your own *wink* and have a blast)

No comments: