Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Finally Here!!!

I am so glad to say that I am back with my family. I am so relieved. Though I have to admit I don't really feel like I live here yet. The house is a wreck...boy clean and girl clean are two different things. I am slowly trying to dig through the mess, the boxes, the stuff and put each room to rights but I can't seem to muster up much enthusiasm. Knowing that this nice house is just another rental, just another of a long string of places where I am going to live, has really put a damper on my normal decorating buzz. I love houses and I love trying envision the spaces and create cool rooms. Oddly though, I feel like leaving everything not absolutely necessary in boxes and putting it all in storage. That is definitely not like me. I guess its just a hangover of sorts from having to move when I thought I'd never have to again. Possibly? Maybe it is the stress of knowing our financial situation is a shambles. It has been hard to move, have two places, two sets of house related bills, etc. We had hoped the Nicks VA compensation would have been settled by now and the extra expense would have been taken care of by that. It has not worked out that way. Now I am questioning the wisdom of this move. I know that Nick needed to work and that the kids are happy, but I am scared to death. Nick's health hasn't been that great either. He is still having migraines though blessedly they aren't as bad. I wonder what will become of us. I guess this is where faith comes in. I kept saying that if God wanted us to move then things would fall in place. They all fell in place. So I have to believe that everything else will work itself out as well. I just hate feeling scared. I wonder what it feels like to never be worried about money or health problems? Think its possible? Guess that leads me back to faith. I have to try to just keep moving forward each day and pray that I don't fall down into the pit of despair ( hmm, a tad bit of Princess Bride on my mind).

No comments: